joy through toys
We are delighted to let you know that the annual collection of toys will be going ahead, as usual, in 2020.
Please donate new or pre-loved toys in good, clean condition
to help bring some joy to less priviledged children this Christmas.
Toys in great condition are being collected again this year for distribution via Anglicare. It's just like passing on toys to younger siblings or cousins! We'd love to receive toys that you would be happy for your kids to receive. No bikes or large items thanks.
The drop-off location is the box at the top of the steps at the front of St Mark's Hall in Malacoota Road, Northbridge.
The collection will run between 14 November to 6 December. (Please do not drop off any toys before or after those dates.)
JOY THROUGH TOYS is an initiative of the Combined Christian Churches of Northbridge that continues Elsie Kaye's lone activity for many years of collecting and distributing pre-loved toys to many children in Australia and overseas. Elsie's personal creed was "JOY" – Jesus first, Others next and then Yourself.
Please note the following:
• as a guide, don't leave toys you would not like your own children to receive.
• ensure toys are complete and unbroken and in great condition – we have no facility to repair broken toys.
• wipe hard surfaces clean with disinfectant and soft toys should be washed and dried before leaving for collection.
• battery power toys need new batteries and tested as working.
• we are NOT accepting large items such as bikes, outdoor play equipment, swing sets, etc. Contact us to check via Facebook site.
Can YOU bring a big smile to such a child's face this Christmas? Now is the time for a spring de-clutter! Have a good look
at what toys are now just taking up space. Clean them up and
donate them to a great cause!! This also will re-use toys
that otherwise would go to land-fill.